The Fallen Slash RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fallen Slash RP

A slash RP for fans of good music and attractive musicians...

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The ARGH thread!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Syn
Man-Syn's Bitch
Man-Syn's Bitch
Syn

Number of posts : 8734
Localisation : In a walking cliche, surrounded by fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers! Like the giant homo I am.
Registration date : 2007-05-17

The ARGH thread! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:29 am

Argh Of The Day
Kerrang TV's Greatest Countdowns.

I hate Kerrang TV. They play about 7 songs over and over and then claim to be cool when they play Faith No More. But last night they did a countdown of their '20 Greatest Axemen (Guitarists)'. I watched because - as we all know - I'm a sucker for a guitar. There were some people in the countdown I approved of, Jimmy Page, Slash, Ray Toro etc. But on the whole the countdown was fucking horrific because of one major flaw.

Pete Wentz was in it, Dimebag Darrell wasn't.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression that Pete Wentz was a fucking bassist and not a guitarist. Kerrang are obsessed with Wentz, they worship him like a goddamn God. He should not have been in that countdown even if it wasfor bassists. He's a mediocre player at best. However overlooking the greatest guitarist of the 90's and one who has inspired millions (including myself) was just beyond comprehension. Kerrang obviously don't make these countdowns logically, they make them with people that they think the kids want to see and it's crazy.

Fuck, the countdown didn't even have Synyster Gates in there. Now I know Kerrang are scared of playing A7X but you cannot deny that he is possibly the greatest guitarist of the 21st Century so far. I know I may seem biased but I've spoken to non-A7X fans who've agreed with me on this fact. Therefore I present to you, my alternative top 5:

1. Dimebag Darrell
2. Synyster Gates
3. Jimmy Page
4. Slash
5. Keith Richards

We kick out Wentz and Kurt Cobain (very controversial I know but come on, the guy's really not that good... at all) and replace them with Dime and Syn.
Better?

And to add to my annoyance but on a completely different note, this damn website will not let me buy Sin City!!! *screams*
Back to top Go down
http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/?u=9106877
Zacky
Syn's Bitch
Syn's Bitch
Zacky

Number of posts : 7902

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:42 am

Yeah.
My mum and dad said that they watched the top whatever drummers on Kerrang and that none of the ones they thought were any good were on there. My mum was especially upset to see that Travis from Blink and the dude from SOAD weren't on there, she loves them two. LOL. Even though the guy from Korn was like number 2 so I didn't really mind but I did mind the "What about Traivs?!!! RAWR!" that hurt my ears from my mother. She is short but loud. LOL.
Yeah, kerrang is fucked, I never watch it anymore. I always watch Scuzz, hell, The Hits has more rock when they do a Kerrang night than Kerrang does ever. LOL. I'm in an 80s mood at the moment, I will watch Magic and VH1. LOL.
Actually, my parents watch more music channels than I do. I just stay in the study, on the other side of the house, and listen to what they are listening to and listen to them argue about whether the guy from Smashing Pumpkins is Gerard Way or whether Bert McCracken needs some serious help. Oh well, it's just a mad house over here. And as you can see, I am so bored that I am actually typing everything that I am thinking. Haha. Go figure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/xx_is_for_lovers_xx
Syn
Man-Syn's Bitch
Man-Syn's Bitch
Syn

Localisation : In a walking cliche, surrounded by fluffy bunnies and pretty flowers! Like the giant homo I am.

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:13 pm

My argh of the moment:

My sister Melly is a wicked artist and my parents have no problems telling her this. However they do seem to have trouble praising me for things that I'm proud of. Like I'll mention I can play a certain guitar riff and they'll be all "Great but... *changes subject*"
Is it too much to ask for a bit of praise once in a while?
Back to top Go down
Matt
Syn's Bitch
Syn's Bitch
Matt

Number of posts : 10056

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:17 pm

Awwww
happy hug
*Praises*
*Pokes parents to praise*
happy
Back to top Go down
Syn
Man-Syn's Bitch
Man-Syn's Bitch
Syn

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 2:22 pm

Aww fankoo.
YES PARENTSSS!!!
pokeage!
LOVE MEEEEEE!!! sad
I mean I was sat at the keyboard playing I Won't See You Tonight the other day and my dad ignored it and told me to play this 5 note theme from a movie then told me I was useless coz I couldn't remember it. I was playing IWSYT, I mean come on that's harder than a damn movie theme and it only took me ten minutes to figure out by ear!
Back to top Go down
Matt
Syn's Bitch
Syn's Bitch
Matt

Number of posts : 10056

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2007 3:22 pm

It's strange they are nice and praise-y to Melly and stuff and not so much you, didn't you say your grandma did it too?
Uh huh, I say you... pokeage! parents. LOL.
It's lame though that they are like that with you and not your sister.
She's the baby though, right? Like the youngest? I suppose that always happens, people pay more attention to the littlest sibling and not so much with the oldest.
-Shrugs-
My family is messed up though, so don't listen to me. Haha.
Well,
WE THINK YOU ARE TALENTED!!! happy
Back to top Go down
Syn
Man-Syn's Bitch
Man-Syn's Bitch
Syn

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 4:53 am

Argh Of The Day
DVD Special Editions/Directors Cuts.

So earlier this year, I invested in the Saw trilogy box set. I'd already got a copy of Saw but this box set included the uncut version. I love the films and the trilogy was cheaper than buying all the films as singles. So I bought them and was quite content. Then I went out a week later and found the Saw II Directors Cut on the shelf. My box set Saw II contained a single disc cut version. (I thought it seemed a bit tame). The special edition was £20 so I figured I could do without, besides I'd need to find someone to buy my single disc one. Anyway, I forgot about this for a while and now the director's cut's gone down in price, I'm going to pick up a copy and give Blockbuster my other one. So I think, yay I'll have the uncut version of I, directors cut of II and the extreme edition of III. But oh no, no, no, no...

Last night on Bloody-Disgusting, it was announced that there is a fucking directors cut of Saw III. 7 minutes of extra footage, including the ending where (I'm assuming) we see Lynn's head explode.

This is fucking bullshit. I mean, you pick up an extreme edition of a DVD - up close brain surgery, rib-cages being torn out of bodies and a forensics scene with intestines and other internal bodily parts strewn across a floor - and you would assume it's already the uncut version. Apparently not. So now, I'm going to have to pay out yet more money to buy this version of the film because I'm a Saw nut and I want the best versions of the films I can possibly get. So I've wasted £25 buying a Saw trilogy box set when I'm just going to have to buy them all individually again. I'll have bought every film twice and... it's really fucking me off.

It's not just Saw though. When Sin City (one of my favourite films ever) was released on DVD, it was practically a vanilla disc with a tiny 7 minute making-of, so I didn't bother buying it. Last year, they released a double disc ultimate recut edition on R1 DVD. This was supposed to follow on R2 DVD soon after. I'm still waiting for it.

Only one film I can think of has made this fair on those of us who collect DVD's. Children of Men was released as a single disc and a double disc followed about a month later which naturally pissed a lot of people off. But the makers of the film basically said "You send us your single disc and we'll replace it free of charge with the special edition." - I'd like to see more places doing that. If they're going to try and rip us off by releasing all these extended/recut/directors wifes uncles best friends second cousins cut then they could at least be kind to those massive fans who simply can't wait for them and replace them for us. Yeah, it's going to mean they don't get as much money from it but fucks sake, it's not like they're going to go hungry now is it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ARGH thread!   The ARGH thread! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ARGH thread!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2